Monday, August 2, 2010

Four Years Ago . . .

Four years ago, we welcomed Zachary to our family. He arrived eight days late and we should have seen that as a sign of things to come. Zachy is such a sweet and loving little boy. One minute he will randomly tell me that he loves me and the next he will be throwing a tantrum. Somedays I'm ready to pull out my hair and ship him off to military school.

Zach loves to play games. In the past few weeks I have played countless games of Chutes and Ladders and The Memory Game. This boy has a great memory. He wins every time.

He loves to help me in the kitchen. When I start making something he runs to get his step stool. He can identify many ingredients now and even knows the quantities for some of my most prepared recipes.


Zach also enjoys "scrapbooking" with me. I get out his scissors and glue stick and he gets out his paper scraps.


A recent achievement is that he is finally potty trained. I seriously thought that I was going to have a four year old in diapers. About two months ago, he finally wanted to consistantly use the potty and give up diapers. After several days of accidents I put him in Pull Ups. About a month ago we switched to Big Boy Pants (underwear). He is doing great. The funniest thing is that he wears them backwards so that he can see the picture on the front.

He tests my patience on almost a daily basis. Although he is a handful, I can't imagine our lives without him.

Happy Fourth Birthday Zachary! Mommy loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment